Evergreen Life is committed to protecting your privacy. In order to issue our life insurance policies and to provide superior policyowner service, we must collect personal information about our insureds and policyowners.
- We will not sell information about our insureds or owners.
- We will not share personal information with anyone else for marketing purposes.
- We will only use personal information to help us transact the desired business with you.
- We will only share personal information with third parties which provide business services to us in regard to our policies and contracts. Examples of such third parties are reinsurers, our administrator and similar parties.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
The type of information that we collect is dependant on whether you are merely perusing our website or whether you intend to proceed further in order to apply for an Evergreen policy. Should you wish to obtain access to the secure portion of the website, you will be required to provide certain information about yourself. We require this information for the purposes such as the verification of your identity and to assess eligibility.
- Information provided by you when you register to obtain a user name and password in order to proceed to use the website (for example: your name and e-mail address).
- Information provided by you in order to obtain a personalized illustration of the potential benefits under our life insurance policies (for example: your age, gender, or the amount of premium being considered by you in respect of a life insurance policy).
- Further information provided by you in order to actually apply for a life insurance policy (for example: medical and health information, social security number, net assets and other personal and financial information that is requested on the application for life insurance).
- Information we obtain from other sources, such as credit reporting agencies, and information to verify employment, income or assets.
- Medical or health information that you have given us permission to receive from doctors or other health care providers.
- "Cookies”: Through the use of these, we are able to monitor the use of our website and to track your progress on activities such as the completion of the application for life insurance.
Most of the information we collect is obtained directly from you. We may collect additional information in order to issue the policy and to service and administer it.
How do we use and disclose your information?
The main use of your information is to confirm your identity and health status in order for us to issue a life insurance policy on your life. Such personal information will be used to underwrite the life policy, process claims and service your account.
In relation to our transactions with you, information may be disclosed to other entities that provide us with business services, including administrative, reinsurance, claims or audit services. Before we disclose your information to them, these entities must agree to keep it private.
Information will be disclosed where required by law; for example a routine filing with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (such as a Form 1099) or assistance with the prevention of fraud or anti-money laundering which might require disclosures to be made to a regulatory or law enforcement agency.
What medical and health information do we collect?
We will be obtaining medical or health information about you. This may be as a result of your application for a policy or when we process a claim and will include medical examination and doctors’ reports. We only share this information where necessary in order to process your transactions relating to your insurance coverage.
Evergreen does not currently collect information about the visitors to our website by using “cookies” and other website management tools. We may, however, in the future elect to do so. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can send to your browser and may be stored on your computer’s hard drive. It acts as an anonymous tag that identifies your computer. Cookies have the ability to store information about web pages viewed or clicked. For registered customers, cookies can also save user information and screen preferences.
While you can set your browser to reject any cookies, their use is designed to assist visitors to more easily navigate the site and save certain information, and you may therefore find that the website will not work effectively if you reject the cookies.
Security of Information
Information submitted into secured regions of our website is protected by our use of procedural, electronic and physical safeguards to protect the information against misuse, damage, modification or loss as well as unauthorized access or disclosure. All electronic communications from us containing any personal information will be processed via our secure website. You should communicate with us only via the secure portion of our website. We will not request any personal information outside of that secure environment, other than sending you your user login details to enable you to proceed beyond the introductory pages of our website.
While Evergreen Life has made every attempt to create a secure website, there is always the possibility of someone obtaining unauthorized access to private information. Security is a cooperative effort between Evergreen and the users of our website. It is important to remember that your access details are personal to you. You should also make every attempt to secure your personal information on your own computer.
Please be aware that, unless you are logged in and working within our secure location, any messages sent to or from us over the open internet, can be accessed by other Internet users. We urge you to take all reasonable precautions necessary in order to protect data or information which you receive or download from us onto your computer, by implementing your own computer security measures, including, but not limited to, employing current reputable anti- virus, spyware and malware applications and always securing your computer screen when not actively using it.
Evergreen Life Limited
1 Victoria Hall, Victoria Street
Hamilton HM11, Bermuda
Evergreen does not warrant the accuracy of any information provided on any website accessed via a hyperlink from our website. Although the information accessed by you on the hyperlinked sites is from sources we believe to be reliable, Evergreen is not able to guarantee the accuracy, validity or completeness of any information or data made available on those websites.